"The question of whether a computer can think is no more
interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim.",
"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.",
E. W. Dijkstra.
- "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination.", V. Scully.
"I sat down and started to type in the entire program in Pascal. After X hours the entire system was entered. Then I tried to compile it all. After
fixing a few syntax errors the system compiled. I then tried to typeset a sample piece of TeX. Again after fixing a few errors I got this all to work.",
R. J. Lipton's short version of Knuth's talk on the first version of TeX.
Cassio P. de Campos
- AI, Machine Learning, Optimization, Probabilistic Graphical Models.
- Imprecise Probability.
- Computational Complexity.
- Programming languages and coding! (Helping the Brazilian/Latin American ACM-ICPC Programming Contest since 2002.)
- Tennis, snooker and chess.
- Senior Researcher (2013-2014), Researcher (2008-2013),
Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
(and Imprecise Probability Group), Manno, Switzerland.
(Also at IOR Institute for Oncology Research, Bellinzona, Switzerland.)
Postdoc fellow, Intelligent Systems Lab (2007-2008) - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA.
Assistant Professor, Information Systems (2006-2007) -
University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science Dept. (2006), Lecturer of Education (2003-2006) -
Mackenzie University, São Paulo, Brazil.
cas... at acm
cas... at gmail.